Salmon With Balsamic Veg
A perfect mid-week healthy meal that will leave you feeling satisfied. Salmon is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids and sweet potato is a healthy alternative to white potatoes, they are naturally sweet tasting with slow release natural sugars ensuring no blood sugar spikes.
4 salmon fillets
200g baby plum tomatoes cut in half
200g french beans
3 garlic cloves, sliced
Half a red onion, sliced
80ml extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Juice of half a lemon
2 large sweet potatoes
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2) Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into chunks, place in a saucepan and cover with water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for around 12 minutes until tender.
3) While the potatoes are cooking, blanch the green beans for 5 minutes in a pan of boiling salted water. Drain and set aside.
4) Heat a non stick frying pan, add a tbsp of oil and season the salmon fillets. Sear for 1 minute on both sides and then transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 5 minutes.
5) Mash the sweet potatoes and add a splash of virgin oil. Season and keep warm.
6) Add remaining oil to the salmon pan and once warmed add the sliced garlic and onion and then the plum tomatoes and beans. Drizzle in the balsamic and add a touch of seasoning. Finish with the lemon juice.
7) Place the salmon on each plate and serve with the mixed vegetables and mash sweet potatoes.
We can't take credit for the above recipe ourselves as we got it from James Tanner, tried it and loved it!