Beauty Tips: How To Make Your Eyes Look Bigger
Makeup is all about cheating and making the best of how we look. We wear foundation to even out our complexion and give our face the appearance of naturally glowing skin. We contour to cheat the look of defined cheekbones. Makeup really is a wonderful tool.
So when it comes to eyes, we all want bigger brighter eyes, right?! We have a few ideas on how to achieve this:
1) Use a good eye cream to smooth and moisturise the under eye area so that when you apply your concealer, it won't cake or look dry. A smooth well conceal under eye is the first step to achieving a bright eye.
2) Brighten the inner corners of your eyes with a light shade of shimmer/highlighter. This will help to open them up. Most eyeshadow palettes will have a light shimmer or highlighting shade. Or you could buy a single shade for this purpose.
3) Defining your eyes with an eyeliner also helps to create more defined, brighter and larger eyes. And using a darker shade of shadow in the crease of your eye and a highlighter just below the brow will create a more open eye.
4) Don't forget about your brows. Well groomed and defined eyebrows will help create an illusion of larger eyes. You are instantly drawn to the eye area when someone has well groomed and defined eyebrows.
5) If you've had a late night or little sleep and looking a bit red around the eyes, use a nude (not white) eyeliner on the waterline to take away this redness and give your eyes the appearance of brightness.
6) Winged eyeliner isn't easy to achieve but with a little practice you'll get the hang of it. There is no better way to lift your eyes and create bigger eyes than flicking your eyeliner up at the outer corners. You are literally lifting your eyes!
7) And last but not least, curl your eyelashes before applying mascara. If this is something that you don't already do, you will immediately see the difference once you do it. Curling your eyelashes lifts them and open up your eyes.